Fuzz’s Camp in Kenya is a special place to stay overnight as this is the family home and tented camp of Fuzz and Bimbi Dyer. Guests will be welcomed to the home and lifestyle of third generation Kenyans on Borana Conservancy, where they will be hosted by the Dyer family and have exclusive use of the camp. Guests will have access to all that Borana Conservancy has to offer, as well as horseback riding on Bimbi’s own horses from the nearby stables and game drives with Fuzz to see endangered wildlife or for sundowners on Pride Rock.
Exclusive, Luxury Tented Camp
Exclusive, Luxury Safari Comfort; including the tent-rooms, our stunning shared mess area, and heated stone plunge pool.
English and Swahili
Birding in Borana is spectacular, Walking down the Ngare Ndare River or within the conservancy, Horse Riding, E-Bike Riding through the conservancy
To reach Fuzz’s Camp there are scheduled flights which land at the Lewa Airstrip, on the neighbouring conservancy. It will take about 45 minutes to drive from there to the lodge, this is through the scenic landscapes of the conservancies, and there is much opportunity for wildlife viewing on your way to the camp. Alternatively, private charters can also land at the Borana Airstrip, which is a 40-minute game drive through the conservancy to Fuzz’s Camp.
In keeping with the authentic, safari experience Fuzz’s Camp is made up of 5 spacious traditional canvas guest tents with double or twin beds and space for an extra child’s bed or cot. Each tent has an en-suite bathroom with two basins, a flush toilet and a shower. This forms the foundations for an exclusive and intimate get away.
- Exclusive use of camp
- All food and drink
- Game drives
- Picnic excursions
- Bush walks
- Local airstrip transfers
- Private, Stone Plunge Pool
- Access, to shared living room, bar and dining tent
Top 5 Things to Do
- Head out in Borana for a game drive and see what the wilderness has to offer. This is your opportunity to see some of the wildlife you haven’t seen before, it is home to a number of endangered species; including black and white rhino, lion and Grevy’s zebra.
- See the bush from a different perspective, head out on a walk down the river and learn about some of the finer things you may have missed from your vehicle including tracks and signs, sounds and the flora of the area.
- Horse Riding or Ride an E-Bike, it is truly the sustainable option and sure to get your blood pumping as you experience new parts of the conservancy.
- Birding – the birdlife in Borana is unmatched, and for any twitchers out there it is the perfect opportunity to cross some of the more hard-to-see creatures off your list.
- The camp is booked on an exclusive use basis.
- Minimum charge is for 6 guests and a minimum 2 night stay.
- Max. no of guests is 10 pax.
- Conservation Fees for Borana of $200 per adult, and $100 per child.
- The rate includes all food and drink, game drives, picnic excursions, bush walks, local airstrip transfers laundry and WiFi.
- SCC Terms and Conditions apply.
- Rates available on request.
As Fuzz’s Camp is on exclusive use only, you are able to tailor your stay to your wants and needs. Guests can be as active as they like, making the most of the walking in the area, which proves to be our most popular activity, heading out on game drives, riding (on both horses and e-bikes!) and taking in all that Borana has to offer. Equally, guests are more than welcome to stay in camp and submerse themselves in the sights and sounds of being in the wilderness. Make the most of the plunge pool, or lay in the mess with a good book in hand.